Although we may sleep though much of it, most of us spend more time in our bedrooms than any other room in the home. That’s why it’s so important to make sure yours is comfortable, relaxing and completely tailored to you. We really believe in taking the lead when it comes to your own home and interior design, so trust your vision and jump right in – once you understand the basics, that is. To guarantee the best possible results, you might look into hiring a professional team to help you.
1) Start with planning where the bed will go. After all, it’s the main feature and function of the entire room. It’s also probably going to dominate more space than anything else, so make sure its placement is practical.
2) Make sure everything is accessible. Come up with a coherent floor plan that makes it easy for you to walk around, especially focusing on the paths you will take most often. This will depend on where you have your bed in relation to the door and furnishings.
3) Consider fitted furniture. You might decide that fitted units are the best way to maximise your storage space and create a seamless finish across your bedroom. These can be a good way to make use of any awkwardly shaped areas. Contemporary sliding wardrobes are a wonderful way to combine functionality and style.
4) Check the view from the window. If possible, everything should be set out in such a way to maximise the benefit of your window, with the view visible from the bed and as much natural light coming in as possible.
5) Remember there’s no rush. You’re better off taking your time and building up the look of your room gradually to make sure it’s exactly what you want and need. Don’t make any panicked decisions that you might regret later. A good eye for design and a carefully planned approach should help you avoid this and get great results.